Bienvenuto!

Welcome to my blog! I update this blog regularly, telling about my experiences during my two years at the United World College of the Adriatic. Please check out the videos above from my youtube account, and click on pictures to see them in full size.
Ciao!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back at school...

Hi Everyone!
I'm back in Italy, as of Jan. 12th, 2008!
I flew from Albuquerque, to Chicago, Brussels, and finally Venice.  Then went form Venice to Duino on trains and buses (fortunately I was on the same flight from Brussels with my seconda from Norway, Andrea - so I didn't have any trouble getting from Venice to Duino).

School is as it was before, it was great to see everyone.  
I switched from my physical activity of sailing (since it was cold) and started doing bowling at a nearby alley, which is fun.  I wanted to be getting some exercise though, so I went to Basketball the third day back, twisted my ankle, and was on crutches the rest of the week!  I'm just getting over that now, I still don't know if I can play soccer, but I can play Volleyball, and pretty much run, etc.
One of the more exciting things I've done since being back to meet Italians who road bike!
This was a goal I had from last semester, so I'm very glad I finally took the initiative to do so.  I basically went to a bike shop in Sistiana, nearby, asked if they new a group that biked regularly around the area, got a telephone number, called the guy and went to meet up with them the next day.
However, I didn't meet up with them, because I couldn't find them, but in the process of trying to do so, I met other Italians that invited me to keep biking with them, so it worked out really well. 
I went biking with them then (on Friday) and again on Saturday, and I'm going this Sat. also.  
It's great to get to bike with other people and to get to practice speaking Italian, so that's been really fun.

I also started to get sick, so took yesterday off school and slept and stayed inside... It's amazing how much I tend to get sick here!

This semester has been a lot harder than the last, I actually have work all the time and it occupies a lot of my time these days.   I've been surprised by the contrast to last year's work load.  We've started doing internals in a lot of classes, which effect our final IB grade, so I guess now it's actually started!

That's all for now, I don't have any pictures because I haven't been focusing on it much.   I've been playing my viola a lot and the weather has been really nice until today.

ciaociao!

No comments: