Bienvenuto!

Welcome to my blog! I update this blog regularly, telling about my experiences during my two years at the United World College of the Adriatic. Please check out the videos above from my youtube account, and click on pictures to see them in full size.
Ciao!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16th, 2007


Ciao tutti!
It has been quite a while since I updated il mio blog, so lots has happened.
Two weekends ago (Oct. 6/7) I went with the school on a hiking trip to the dolomites, near Trento. I could never pronounce the name of the town we were in, so I don't remember what it was, but we were in the mountains hiking, and stayed overnight at a cottage with a group from the college and a group of Italians from a local school there. I the trip was amazing, there were beautiful mountain ranges that reminded me of the rockies at times, we had great weather (which wasn't expected) and I got to practice a little Italian.
We went on Sat. morning very early, drove about 4.5 hrs., met up with the Italian students, spent the night in a cottage after a short hike, got up the next morning and hiked about 2.5 hrs. to the top of a mountain range that was the Austria-Hungarian/Italian border in World War II, at returned to Duino by that evening (Sunday).
The trip was fantastic, it was nice to be at at least a slightly higher altitude for a while, and it was just great hanging out with everyone! We were about 30 in total: 15 UWC students/teachers and 15 Italians.


We ate lunch at this cottage above - the final destination for our hike.
To the left is the group we were with.
















Well, I have a break right now and I have to go to Italian Class, so that's all, I'll update more soon!
I'll tell you about latin week, being sick, starting my band, and meeting UWC-USA students.
Ciao!

No comments: