Bienvenuto!

Welcome to my blog! I update this blog regularly, telling about my experiences during my two years at the United World College of the Adriatic. Please check out the videos above from my youtube account, and click on pictures to see them in full size.
Ciao!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October 23rd, 2007

Zivjo!
We had our opening ceremony this weekend! As you probably know, this is the college's 25th anniversary year (along with UWCUSA) and lots of exciting things have been happening!
This weekend, the college had a ceremony in the Teatro Verdi in the center of Trieste. There were lots of speeches (in Italian and English) and various music performances by music scholars, the choir sang, etc.
Overall I thought it was quite good day. After the performance, we all had a nice lunch in the Perfettura - the city hall of Trieste. Lucy and Urska and I stayed in Trieste a while longer, and took a bus back around 5:30 that afternoon.
The international board and heads of other UWC's were all there, big news and media groups, they had flags from all the countries that students carried, I wore my cowboy costume.... I actually got a holster and toy guns that Salma had from my USA 3rd year who also had a cowboy costume, so that made my costume more fun.
Anyway, the weekend was good.
This week is quite short because we have a long weekend (no school friday) and today, Wednesday, is the Marca per la Pace to Trieste. The whole school is going to march for peace and then setup some workshops and things in Trieste. Should be a lot of fun!
Anyway, I have to go get ready for the march,
Ciao!

No comments: