Bienvenuto!

Welcome to my blog! I update this blog regularly, telling about my experiences during my two years at the United World College of the Adriatic. Please check out the videos above from my youtube account, and click on pictures to see them in full size.
Ciao!

Friday, August 31, 2007

August 31, 2007

Today I sat through a slightly painfully long presentation on the social services of the college and social service in general. It was too long in a hot room in front of a projector...
Finally, I made my social service priority choices -

  1. Band Service (playing music for elderly people etc.)
  2. Working with disabled adults in Trieste
  3. Environmental service (cleanup of areas/helping animals)
  4. First Aid training
These are not for sure, but they were what I requested, the school decides.

After all the 4/5 hr.s of sitting around in the morning, I made up for it by being very efficient in the afternoon! I played viola duets with a music scholar Miga, from Mongolia - we are going to play something for a small event on Sunday. I also took my first Italian Bike ride! In full team FITaos kit! I hope to get some pics for the team of their overseas representation...

Anyway, then for dinner the entire school went to a bowling/pizzeria place, were we ate pizza (and didn't go bowling).

Then there was a dance party at the residence Pala that was pretty fun, and now it's 2:00 on the first day in September and I'm going to sleep!


(Trip to Trieste, Italy, tomorrow)

No comments: