Bienvenuto!

Welcome to my blog! I update this blog regularly, telling about my experiences during my two years at the United World College of the Adriatic. Please check out the videos above from my youtube account, and click on pictures to see them in full size.
Ciao!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 17-24, 2007


Ciao tutti!


I've been so busy lately with lots of school and extra-curricular stuff, I'm sorry I haven't been writing about recent events. So, here goes the last week in a nutshell...
Venice was last weekend, the went well, classes are starting to set in to some rhythm although I still have less homework than I expected/expect to. But, with all the other college activities and services I've been participating in, I've still been incredibly busy.
This week, for example (a pretty regular picture) I went to Sailing and Soccer (two evenings), Art, a photography meeting and the opening of a show by Eric Heartman (the photographer after who our art center is named), I spent a couple hours working on College Bikes, met with the 25th Anniversary Planning Committee (which I'm on), we had the opening of a new Hall/Auditorium which I filmed parts of and took pictures for, I visited the Duino Castle (which was amazing), I went to a 60's/70's themed dance party.... oh and Urska and Juor and I went swimming and attacked the Thursday sailing class and jumped on their boats... (that was a highlight) - just to name the things that come to mind immediately. It's amazing how one week can feel like months.

(Yes, I wore my national costume)
Simone (Canada), Remy


I've spent a lot of time this weekend and last week taking pictures, filming college shows, and then trying to rip all and upload all this media onto my computer and give it to the people who want it.... I still haven't managed to put anything on Facebook. (sorry)
The cool part about all this is, however, that I'm making a proposal to get a video camera for the college that can be used to film all of these events (in light of the 25th anniversary), and my sources of contact sounded optimistic about the possibility and told me to figure out what camera I wanted and the price...

This weekend and yesterday (Monday, 09/24/07) we were practicing and performing for a show we did at the University of Trieste in light of a ceremony the university was doing to honor people who had done various social projects... It was a big deal with the media and all, but I couldn't understand much as it was all in Italian. Anyway, they asked us if we would provide performances, so we did the show! I sang with the choir (I'm singing bass), and there were a number of very cool dances and a few instrumental/percussion performances students had put together. The shows we do here remind me a lot of those at UWCAD for those of you who know. I love them. This one was lots of fun to rehearse, perform, and film etc.


(This is the venue for the Trieste Show)






(Some of the Choir)



Anyway, it was yesterday we performed, and tomorrow we are doing a similar show in a town on the border with Slovenia (I'm not sure of the name or purpose of the show, but I will find out soon enough!). Last night, on the way back from the show, our van stopped in Trieste for Ice Cream at midnight, and I got up this morning at 7:00 to make Crepes with Salma in Sholtz residence. I haven't been sleeping much, but I love everything I'm doing, so it seems worth it! Today, I went sailing in very little wind (so it was quite boring), but I swam afterwards which was fun. I also went briefly to a ceremony some Asian students did that they celebrate at home that has to do with the Full Moon cycle and a new year. It was fun.

This weekend is our first long weekend which means that we don't have school on Friday (it's such a big deal here it's weird to think that it was normal at home). People plan trips everywhere - Myself, Lucy, Julie, Diana, Urska, Juor, Xana, and a few others are planning to bike for two days (hopefully to Slovenia) camp, andI come back.... Should be lots of fun, we'll leave on Friday Morning, and probably come back on Sat. Night/ Sunday morning.

I have been spending time with lots of people, I feel comfortable hanging out with just about anyone here. Especially been with:
Uska (Slovenia)
Salma (Canada)
Lucy (US)
Kaleigh, Juor, Simone, Julie...

I'm doing well overall. I am listening to music from the show this weekend - right now a song called the Israeli Chair Dance that the second years have an very impressive dance/routine to. I'm hoping to put some of these videos on youtube.com.

Hope everyone's doing great!
Ciao!

No comments: